Events For '24
ROGUE DEBBY CIC ONLINE & OUT AND ABOUT
IF YOU'RE STUCK ON FINDING 'SMILES' IN YOUR LIFE, WE'LL REMIND YOUR FACE HOW THOSE MUSCLES WORK AGAIN WHILE WE HELP EACH OTHER LIVE OUR BEST LIFE!
If you want to feel validated, less isolated and be able to speak without having to defend yourself before you get to the end of a sentence... Sign up, grab a cuppa and Zoom with us on a Tuesday!
- 7am Sunrise Sunset Session: This group is for early risers on a Tuesday in the UK; about tea-time in Australasia and after all the Late, Late, Late shows the Monday night before in the Americas! 😉
- 10.30am Mid-Morning Session: This is good for those of us who like to stop for ‘elevenses’ in the UK and Europe!
- Sign up, grab a cuppa, and join the chat
None of our sessions are the same, we chat, topics come up, we chat. You don’t have to actively participate, listening is just as good for feeling connected. You also don’t have to sit-up or get out of bed, shave or make yourself look presentable – we are peer-support – we’ve all got chronic conditions so no need to waste spoons! However, if it’s important to you – we can run you through how to use face filters, create avatars + tips for dressing from the waist up!
Our group ethos: No need to tell everyone our backstories, we share tips + tricks on managing symptoms instead – without judgement but with humour and grace.We can all help each other no matter our designated label[s]
- Registration ends 30 minutes before this event starts.
- This is not a ‘course’ or ‘training program’ it’s more like a ‘drop-in’ service – we all have diverse needs in addition to not being able to show up like clockwork – we get it!
- We use breakout rooms and extra time if required – but closed captions on free speech is a bit hit and miss.
SAY HI IN PERSON
OUR MENTAL & CHRONIC ILLNESS SUPPORT & CHAT + AWARENESS ART FOR SALE EVENTS
We’ll be here – weather permitting with our awareness art for sale and Mental & Chronic illness support & chat.
9am – 3.30pm
Glanvilles Mill Car Park
We turn up with a cheery smile and provide peer-support for the mental and physical symptoms of Chronic Illnesses with humour and grace!
We also provide wheelchair confidence lessons for the less confident and we may throw in sweets or one of Hugh’s cakes might make an appearance – they’re lush!
10am til 12 noon Ivybridge Library, The Watermark, Erme Court, Leonards Rd, Ivybridge PL21 0SZ
Ivybridge Library - 2nd Friday of each month
The Library is warm and welcoming and we’ll be there between 10am and 12 noon
Start Date: 12 January 2024 then the second Friday in each month
Time: 10am til 12 noon
Location: Ivybridge Library in The Watermark
Description: Chronic Ill Peer Support Drop In Service
Cost: Free, in a warm friendly setting with a café on site.
The Watermark is fully accessible with a lift and disabled toilet facilities. The library is on the ground floor, it’s warm and welcoming and there is also a café on site.
Kylie wanted to give back to the community and Rogue Debby CIC wanted to help – The Wellbeing Café was created because we enjoy helping others. In Kylie’s area of expertise, knowing that she is not just providing a service but is aiding in an individual’s physical and mental recovery, gives her purpose. By teaming up with Rogue Debby CIC, together we made the first event happen…
We’ve invited some friends in the industry to take part, using their expertise to aid and guide others in their personal journey, whatever their circumstances.
We invite a collection of local businesses, social groups & sports clubs, to come together to chat all things health & wellbeing at our FREE cafes.
Everyone is here to answer your questions and offer up useful tips & tricks, many also provide taster sessions of which some are free, others are donations to specific causes and some have a small charge to cover the cost of materials or products used.
There will be aromatherapy, lotions, potions, gifts, books, cards and more on offer – many at discounted rates during each event as well as future discount offers for those who attend.
What happened in our previous events…?
The reviews help to give you an idea of what you can expect from our Wellbeing Cafés in the future
A huge thank you to all the businesses, groups and charities that made another successful well being cafe. Also a big thank you to our local Co-op that supplied all our food and beverages and Audra for her brilliant story-telling. Finally, a big thank you to all that attended our event we hope you enjoyed it!
Businesses in attendance at this cafe were…
Torpoint Co-Op, Rogue Debby CIC , Rame Gig Club, Café Abundance – Real Junk Food Project, Just Be Reiki Master Practitioner, Valley Spirit Health & Fitness, Mike Redshaw Physiotherapy, Becky Redshaw Pilates, HMS Bodylicous with Hayley Willis, Audra our Story Teller, Cornish Massage.
Thank you to everyone who came to this wellbeing café – we had some great feedback from this and it was a very informative afternoon of free advice, chat and taster sessions for our community’s wellbeing. Also a big thank you to all the business that made this possible and to The Friends of Thanckes Park for providing the refreshments.
We took over the whole of the hall this time, keeping our professionals in the theatre section and all the taster sessions were carried out in the smaller chamber room.
Unfortunately the Blue Tit Chill Swimmers were unable to attend as advertised but everyone else did.
- Kylie, from Cornish Massage & Wellbeing. provided free mini-massage treatments and shared the benefits of massage and deep tissue massage for wellness and recovery.
- Becky & Mike from Mike Redshaw Physiotherapy & Pilates were both on hand to answer any questions and Becky provided another excellent Pilates taster session followed by an informative wellbeing presentation by Mike.
- Lisa from the Torpoint Rowers shared the benefits of the great outdoors and the rowing opportunities in Torpoint and she also ran a mini-fitness session for all.
- Myles from Valley Spirit Health & Fitness was on hand to chat about Yoga as well as providing a yoga taster session, having set up a new Yoga class recently in the Torpoint area.
- Kay from Just Be Reiki was back offering mini reiki treatments for donations to Luna’s fund – yet again, Kay’s space in the hall was serene, no matter how busy the event was.
- Debbie of Freedom Counselling chatted about the benefits of counselling and what to expect from it and alongside her Kerri of Grace & Glamour provided a goody bag of freebies and chatted about feel-good treatments and their benefits.
- And obviously ourselves – Marie, Kevin & Debby from Rogue Debby CIC – where people used our Art for Calm space to reach out and chat and seek advice on living with mental health & disability. We managed to create an environment where chatting felt natural and the people who came to us felt no judgement, but they were heard.
We hope to be doing it all again before the end of the year!
Our second wellbeing café was on May 6th at Torpoint Council Chambers. During this event, we chatted all things health & wellbeing and taster sessions were provided by Kay Paskins of Just Be Reiki, Amanda from Pluss Positive People, Lisa from Torpoint Rowers Club, Becky from Mike Redshaw Physio, Debby & Kevin of Rogue Debby CIC and Kylie of Cornish Massage. Our free café was provided by our local Torpoint Co-op.
- Amanda from Pluss Positive People explained what is on offer in Cornwall to help people make their life a bit easier, wellbeing courses as well as educational courses and the all important confidence building services and many more services that can be accessed for free through Pluss
- Just Be Reiki Master Kay Paskins provided taster sessions in energy healing. It was the calmest section of the Council Chambers! She also chatted all things ‘Reiki’ to those of us new to it. Kay requested donations to Luna’s Fund.
- Lisa, of the Torpoint Rowers Club chatted about skillsets gained from water-based team sports – not least of which is how to get in and out of a gig without falling in the water… much fun was had trying out the Club’s rowing machine as well.
- Becky of mikeredshaw.com provided an enjoyable free pilates session in the main hall, as well as answering questions on the benefits of physiotherapy and Pilates for wellbeing and how Pilates can help with Ante and Post-natal care.
- Cornish Massage offered massage taster sessions, discussed the benefits of massage for pain, injury rehabilitation, stress and tension as well as muscle-strain and keeping your body flexible. At the end of the afternoon we set up an engaging ‘How-to’ mini-facial station using NYR products.
- As Rogue Debby CIC we were on hand to chat about tips and tricks for living with chronic illness and mental health issues under the guise of ‘Art for Calm’ to help create a relaxing experience whilst discussing chaotic topics.
- Our first wellbeing café was on March 16th at Cornish Massage’s Enterprise Court treatment room. We chatted all things health & wellbeing with Becky from Mike Redshaw Physio, Debby of Rogue Debby CIC and Kylie of Cornish Massage.
- Becky of mikeredshaw.com talked about understanding the benefits of physiotherapy for wellbeing, how we can strengthen muscles we didn’t know existed using pilates and, the importance of good posture and how to achieve it.
- Cornish Massage talked about the benefits of massage for pain, injury rehabilitation, stress and tension, answered questions on muscle strain in the workplace and keeping your body flexible as well as offering mini-massages for arms, hands and feet.
- As Rogue Debby CIC we sponsored the first café, talking about living with chronic illness and answered questions on mental health and chronic illness and also provided accidental art-therapy with a focus on ‘Art for Calm’. Debby & Kevin also brought the cakes, fruit and refreshments.
That's all for now folks
– but keep checking back – we will be adding more dates and locations as soon as we get confirmation.